This 2013 Rally For Life comes after a stunning result in the 2012 state election where the EMILYs List MPs were reduced from nine sitting members to one. What you won't have realised is that the plan to bring in Victorian style legislation at the last moment was thwarted by four votes!
A significant factor here isn't what happened at the election last year, but the election before. Pro-lifers got active and informed the electorates of pro-abortion MPs including Bonny Barry, which in turn resulted in a clear additional swing against her and showed that anti-life voting is political poison at the polls. This result reverberated throughout political circles.
What is the lesson here? We can't rest. What we do in these quieter times can easily determine the outcome of future battles.
Come to the 2013 Rally For Life and recharge for the journey ahead.
- Because you do not want abortion in Queensland to be allowed up to the day of birth as it currently is in Victoria’s legislation.
- Because you do not want to see our doctors and nurses being forced to participate in abortion — as is now written into law in Victoria.
- Because you do not want our hospitals to be forced to do abortions, traumatising their staff and clogging up our already over-burdened health system.
- Because you do not want to see women suffering from the physical and mental harms of abortion like ruptured wombs, future infertility and depression.
- But most importantly because the unborn are depending on YOU to protect them.
- And to keep sending a strong message to the Queensland Government that we don’t want abortion legalised in our state!
Abortion harms women,
and emasculates men.
Where: Queens Park, cnr William, Elizabeth & George Sts, Brisbane CBD
What to bring: Your friends, relatives & children, hat, water, sunscreen, chair, rug, umbrella & donation to support the costs of running this event.
NOTE: Expected finish time 4pm. Only official placards allowed. Arrive early for pre-rally entertainment from 1pm.